are well balanced, strong in both individual and social skills
Students at Matahui Road School:
- Are encouraged to think creatively and critically in all their work.
- Learn to work both independently and co-operatively to achieve the best they can.
- Are challenged to take risks and explore the unknown, equipping them with the confidence to adapt and participate effectively in our rapidly changing world.
- Are provided with a wide and varied knowledge base, as well as the skills to apply that knowledge in new situations.
- Possess a strong sense of individuality and high self esteem.
- Are happy, enthusiastic learners.
- Take ownership and responsibility for their learning.
- Are encouraged to recognise and apply the Habits of Mind as a basis for successful learning.
- Are helped to develop their strengths and the motivation to be the best they can be.
- Are encouraged to develop awareness and understanding of difference in others and to be caring and respectful members of the community.